Monday, February 6, 2012

BLENDING SEMESTER 2

So my AP class is in the second semester of the great blended experiment.  A couple of seniors are behind because they decided to take the weekend off.  What they are finding is that with a few hours of work they can kind of catch up but they miss any discussions we have because they dont understand the questions.  I am hoping that they see the error of their ways and fix it soon (although the fact they are seniors may have something to do with it.)

One other interesting thing is that I find that they are much more social during face to face class than they used to be.  I think they like coming to class and seeing the others.  They also have developed relationships in the online world that have made it to the real world.  I am not sure this would have happened if I didn't have them online so much.  I think that being in class everyday limits the voice of certain students who are very much willing to voice their opinion and ask questions online.  This has made them feel free and now they will speak more in class and kibitz with other students that they feel they know because of the online nature.

I still worry that they are not "getting" the  material because I did not tell it to their face.  However, their summaries of the notes and their work on daily quizzes seems to show otherwise.  The proof will be in the pudding in May when they take the AP exam! 

If you read this, feel free to respond in any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment